Create a System to Identify and Advance Best Practices
on Important Placemaking Issues Beyond this Action Framework
ADVANCE REGIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE
Reinvent Hampton Roads
- Help advance important placemaking improvements that are outside of the 757 Recovery & Resilience Action Framework (e.g., affordable housing, K-12 education, social determinants of health).
- Encourage and empower emerging leaders to get involved in boards, committees, commissions, and their local communities.
Throughout the 757 Action Framework planning effort, a number of important community attributes have been identified that directly impact the long-term future livability of the 757 region. These include but are not limited to:
- Affordable housing
- K-12 education
- Mental health
- Food security
While all of these areas are critically important, the 757 Action Framework’s immediate work focuses on the highest point of leverage to kickstart the region’s economy. This said, the Action Framework does call for creating a system that can help identify and advance best practices on important placemaking issues.
- Inventory best practices on key issues that must be addressed.
- Every year, create several “white papers” on national and local best practices. Maintain a database of best practices.
- Work with the Chambers’ Business PAC to advance these best practices and placemaking initiatives.
- Share best practices across jurisdictions to encourage innovation and better outcomes.
Establish and organize, ongoing system of whitepapers by 2022.